THE HOLY HEART ASSOCIATION – JOY
Over these Sundays of late spring and now early summer, we are exploring what it means to become card-carrying members of the Holy Heart Association…that is, to embrace the virtues of the heart from a biblical vantage point. We are discussing such virtues as courage, faith, direction, character, discernment, simplicity, righteousness and commitment. Yes, we are moving beyond the American Heart Association to become full-fledged members of the Holy Heart Association!
Here are 10 things you might want to ponder:
- If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?
- Why are you in a movie but on TV?
- What was the best thing before sliced bread?
- Why do we drive on parkways but park on driveways?
- Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?
- At a movie theater, which arm rest is yours?
- When does it stop being partly cloudy and start being partly sunny?
- When French people cuss to they say pardon my English?
- Why do people say heads up when you should duck?
And lastly, and most pertinent to this morning’s message…
How do we attain joy in a sneering, jeering, totally unendearing world?